Events in brief
- Radio Sailing Race 2 – Sunday 31st March 0900
- Open Dinghy Coaching – Saturday 6th April 1000
- Club Launch Training – Sunday 7th April – 1100
- Open Dinghy Coaching – Sunday 7th April 1100
- Dinghy Race Spring 2 – Sunday 7th April 1300
- Members Get Together with New Members Introduction – Sunday 14th April 1230 in the function room
- Dinghy Race Spring 3 – Friday 19th April 1100
- AGM – Saturday 30th November 2019
Balcony Name Boards
We have had a number of enquiries about the named boards. All those which can be salvaged will be kept at the club in order that the owners may come to collect them.
Masts on the Lawn
If you have your mast currently on the lawn, please make sure it is moved by 7th April.
Volunteers needed for OOD duties on Club Rallies and Saunters
This year have a great programme of club Rallies, Saunters and Sail in Company. W are looking for volunteers to act as the “Officer on Duty” on the day(s) of each event. We shall shortly publish guidelines for the organisation of these events and an outline of the simple activities of the person acting as focal point for the event as it approaches and ‘on the day’.
Our events and volunteer OOD’s are as follows:
- 25 May – B/H – Rally to Island Harbour – OOD required please
- 15 May – Saunter to Warsash SC – OOD required please
- 8 June – Rally to Hardway SC – OOD: Paul Bonnet
- 12 June – Saunter to The Folly Inn, IoW – OOD: Peter Barnard
- 13 July – Sail in Company to Alderney – OOD / Organisers: Andrew White / Ieuan Stanley
- 27 July – Rally to Royal Victoria YC, Fishbourne, IoW – OOD required please
- 10 August – Saunter to Cowes Corinthian SC, IoW – OOD required please
- 24 August – B/H – Rally to Chichester Marina – OOD required please
- 14 September – Race + Rally to Yarmouth Harbour, IoW – OOD required please
Time spent on organising / acting as OOD will count towards your participatory hours.
If you would like to volunteer for OOD, please sign up on dutyman where all events are published. Alternatively please contact Tim Harrison (email@example.com )
Anyone interested in purchasing their own kayak to join in with club activities may interested in the new shop in Dibden Purlieu who have offered HSC members trade price deals. Worth a look!
Last weekend we launched the new HSC kayak section.
HSC now has a fantastic new “Feel Free” two man sit on kayak for use by Club members, subject to competence. The first kayak event will be at 11:30 on 20th April at HSC. All are welcome to take part.
Tim Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
New Club Introduction Video 2019
The marketing team have been working hard this year to promote the club. If you haven’t seen the latest video you can view it by following the link below:
Participatory Hours Volunteers Sought Information
Is any one available to OOD for a dinghy race on Sunday 24 March at mid day? If so please sign up using dutyman or contact Eian Massey.
For a full list of roles, work parties and participatory areas of the club that members can assist with to complete their 15 hours please follow the link below:
Cradle for Sale
Well constructed cradle, suitable for bilge keeled yacht, used for one season. Please see Tim Ball for details.
Trailer For Sale
Asking price £350 suitable to take fin or bilge Keel. Seller is Stuart Horobin. Please contact Stuart on 07720864476 or speak to Peter Barnard at the club.
Training Courses Update
We are trying to put together another VHF course in early April have a couple of people signed up already.
Please let me know if you would like to be on these courses or sign up on the list at the Club. Thanks, Julie. Training@hythesailingclub.co.uk.
This is the link to the spring summer club magazine.