Please note – Until further notice the balcony will be closed for refurbishment works.
Events in brief
As you can see below there is a new website facility to book on Rallies,
Saunters, Sail in Company, Cruiser Racing, Dinghy Racing (Taking part and crew volunteering) and Kayak Club events (includes booking request to book the Club Kayaks). If you wish to take part please select the link and fill in the form. If the event you wish to book on is not in the list below you can go into the calendar and select the event which will also bring up a form to book your attendance.
Please feedback any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dinghy Race (Spring 4) – Saturday 4th May 1100. Please ensure that if you are racing dinghies this year you complete a Notice to Race before taking part. To sign up for this event please select the link below:
- Kayak Club – Sunday 5th May 1100 (May Bank Holiday weekend) To sign up for this event please select the link below:
- Radio Sailing – Monday 6th May 11am (May Bank Holiday weekend)
- Cruiser Race Summer 1 – Saturday 11th May 1645. Please fill out the form at the link below to take part, note you can also join as crew by filling in the
forms crew section:
- Warsash Saunter – Wednesday 15th May 0900. To sign up please select the link below:
- Open Coaching (Includes Kayaks) – Saturday and Sunday 18th/19th May 0900. Please fill out the form at the link below to take part: http://hythesailingclub.co.uk/event/open-dinghy-coaching-includes-kayaks-canoes-and-paddle-boards-3/
- Island Harbour Rally 25th/26th May – See notes at end of bulletin.
- Folly Saunter (IOW) – Wednesday 12th June 0930. Please fill out the form at the link below to take part: http://hythesailingclub.co.uk/event/saunter-to-folly-inn-river-medina-isle-of-wight/
- Hardway Rally (Gosport) Saturday June 8th 1000. A very popular Rally due to the great facilities and low cost of £10 a night to stay alongside a drying pontoon overnight. Currently 9 Boats are booked so to join us please sign up early. We hope to see you there! http://hythesailingclub.co.uk/event/rally-to-hardway-sailing-club-gosport/
- Sail in Company to Alderney/Cherbourg 13th July – 19th July – This is a flexible trip based on weather conditions with the option to stay less or more days in either Alderney or Cherbourg as skipper decides. A decision on destination will be finalised nearer the time with an early start from Yarmouth/Lymington on the Sunday Morning. It is possible to depart from HSC however if you are new to this length of trip please speak to Ieuan Stanley or Tim Harrison for advice. To book that you are taking part please select the link below: http://hythesailingclub.co.uk/event/sail-in-company-to-alderney-cherbourg/
- AGM – Saturday 30th November 2019 1500
Mocktails and Cocktails Evening 6th
July from 1900
A very successful event last year and if the weather is good to be held in the club Marquee on the lawn with an American Supper and BBQ. The back up plan is to hold the event in the function room if the weather is not favourable. If you can help with this event or wish to attend please sign up below: http://hythesailingclub.co.uk/event/cocktail-evening/
Open Day Boat Jumble Stand
If you have some boat bits that you would like to sell on the Open Day please contact Christine Hunt at email@example.com who has kindly offered to run a stall. Please consider giving a 10% donation to the RNLI for items sold on the day.
Open Day Boat Crafts Stall
If you have some home made craft items that you would like to sell on the Open Day please contact Rachel Wright by email at firstname.lastname@example.org who has kindly offered to run a stall.
Please consider giving a 10% donation to the RNLI for items sold on the day.
Open Day Volunteers Sought for Kayak Stand and Radio Sailing Stand
If you have can help with running one of these two displays please contact Dave Wright by email at email@example.com. If you have a DF65 or Radio Controlled boat please contact Dave to arrange for display on the stand. The stand will be in the function room for the Radio Sailing display.
Open Day 2019 7th July 10am-4pm
Planning for the Open Day is well under way with 16 confirmed stands. If you know of a local boat business that would like to have a free pitch for the day we have 6 spaces left. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and an invite will be
sent. The Open Day also counts for 8 of your participatory hours if you
attend from 10am – 4pm so please sign up on the Participatory board at the club or email marketing if you can help on this very important day for the club.
The club AGM will be on Saturday 30 November. There will be elections for committee positions in line with our rules. Please consider joining the committee and working to improve our club. If you are thinking about this and helping out, let us know and come and join the general committee meetings to find out what goes on.
New Club Introduction Video 2019
The marketing team have been working hard this year to promote the club. If you haven’t seen the latest video you can view it by following the link below:
Participatory Hours Volunteers Sought Information
For a full list of roles, work parties and participatory areas of the club that members can assist with to complete their 15 hours please follow the link below:
Regalia is available for viewing on the rail in the club house, if you are looking for something else the brochures are next to the rail. Please contact Sue Hayward to order.
Club Laser 2 with training, racing sails and spinnaker £600
If you are interested please contact either Tim Harrison or Julie Stanley.
This is the link to the spring summer club magazine.
http://hythesailingclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Spring-Summer-2019-4.pdf Medium Lis
Island Harbour Rally 25th/26th May
Signing up: If you are going on this rally, please inform Tim Harrison or Keith Gough by email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (07789 572 982). State: Boat Name, length, Skipper name / email / mobile no., no of crew and no. of nights (1 or 2).
Destination: Island Harbour Marina, River Medina, Isle of Wight. http://www.island-harbour.co.uk/
Summary: On Sat 25th May cruise from Hythe SC to Island Harbour Marina. 1 or 2 nights in Island Harbour. Return on Sunday or Monday
Dinner on Sat 25th: BBQ on grass near shower between shower block and restaurant. Yachts to bring their own food/drink, KG will bring a bag of charcoal and light the BBQ. If weather is poor then either eat on board or independently arrange restaurant/bar food. No organised meal on Sunday but we can discuss on Sat night and try to block book into the restaurant or make independent arrangements.
Sailing Notes (for info only – skippers should make own passage plans and decisions to sail) 25/05/19 Hythe SC HW, 17:03 BST, 3.91m 2m (dinghy depth on the pontoon) from around 12:15. Solitaire/KG aiming to leave around 1pm. Distance to Island Harbour from Hythe SC is around 10.5m, so expect around 3hrs of sailing/motoring. Arriving towards high tide will make motoring in the river easier. Island Harbour has a lock to maintain depth in the Marina at low tide call in to the Marina VHF or 01983 539 994 as you approach to get permission to enter the lock or hold outside on the pontoon.
The marina will likely be busy on the bank holiday and if the lock is not on free-flow then they may operate a booking system for departures. If you have not booked a lock-out then you may have a long wait. It is therefore recommended that when you arrive you book a lock-out departure time on Sunday or Monday.
Communication on the water: VHF Ch. 77