Events in brief:
- Saturday 30th November AGM, Awards Ceremony and Free Light Buffet 1500 – 1730 (Crew Members, Temporary Members, Honorary Members, children of Family Members, and Student Members under the age of 18 are welcome to join us after approximately 1600 as per the club rules for non voting membership types)
- Saturday 30th November 1200 – Radio Sailing
- Saturday 30th November (Closing date for Junior Christmas Card competition)
- Sunday December 1st 1300 Dinghy Race Winter 3
- Saturday 7th December Xmas Party 19.30 – 01.00
- Friday 13th December Quiz Night 20.00
- Saturday 14th December Christmas Card Competition Prize giving 1300 with Pizza and a chance to meet Marcin and his wife to discuss Junior Social Events. If you have a young person entering the competition please sign up here. (Closing date for entries to the competition 30th November. Enter Competition Here
- Saturday 14th December 1100 Dinghy Race Winter 4
- Tuesday 17th December 1200-1400 Coffee Club Christmas Get Together (All members welcome to join club members for a buffet and say thank you to the Tuesday Club for all their hard work this year maintaining the club, the bar will be Open for this event)
- Tuesday 24th December Carols and Mince pies 20.00-22.00
- Thursday 26th December Commodore at Home 13.00 – 15.00
- Tuesday 31st December New Years Eve Fancy Dress 70’s, 80’s (Optional) with American Supper 20.00 – 01.00. Please complete the form at the link if you are attending or sign up on the noticeboard at the club. Sign up here
- Cinema Night (Following Seas) 25th January 2020 1845-2300 (with optional Baked Potato and Chilli or Beans) To attend the event please complete the form here. Sign up here
- Saturday 28th March 1900 – 2300 Join us for the return of our Grand Auction. Bring your unwanted working boat and non nautical items or come along and grab yourself a bargain.
- Plymouth Sail in Company (Mayflower 400th Anniversary) Monday 6th July 2020 – Monday 20th July 2020 (Updates to follow) Please sign up here. Sign up here
AGM 2019 Saturday 30TH November 1500 (Crew Members, Temporary Members, Honorary Members, children of Family Members, and Student Members under the age of 18 are not able to join us until after approximately 1600 as per the club rules for non voting membership types)
These links will take you to the AGM documents:
The budget for next year is posted on the notice board at the club.
Grand Auction Saturday 28th March 1900 – 2300 Join us for the return of our Grand Auction. Bring your unwanted working boat and non nautical items or come along and grab yourself a bargain. Email email@example.com with your name and list of items and reserve if any. Please note 10% donated to social fund that supports future social events at the club.
Important Reminder Participatory hours this year are due to be complete by the 31st December. If you do not wish to be changed membership to non-participatory please ensure that you sign up to complete your hours here on the bulletin or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer some of your time to avoid paying the extra on your membership. At this time there are many tasks that members can help with to finish their hours including cleaning the wet room area, cleaning up the Jack storage locker ready for repair plus repainting, the jetty project, helping to put up the clubs Christmas decorations, helping to set up for the AGM (30th November 1pm) , building the racking in the new Kayak Store, cleaning the slipway, scraping and maintenance of the pontoons, assisting in making the deep water sinkers or helping at some of the upcoming events. We are also looking for a volunteer to rejuvenate the Flag Post by the start hut which will need cleaning up and repainting.
RYA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Phil Pascoe Well done to Phil Pascoe who is being presented with a RYA Lifetime Commitment Award. Well deserved after so many years of volunteering at the club. Thank you Phil for all your hard work. https://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/news/Pages/Four-Hampshire-sailors-to-receive-RYA-Awards-from-HRH-The-Princess-Royal.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1KkJxXIAICRsyS9s_5zgUG9N2qVfTwV7VOY3GAGg2UktG_F6Z0HwCTdXo
Christmas Party 2019 Saturday 7th December 19.30 – 01.00 Please sign up here Message from John Rushmer, we will be offering a finger buffet for our Xmas party and I would like to hear from you if you can lend a hand with preparing the food for the evening. Tickets cost £5 payable on the night and free for under 16’s. Disco is now all booked. I will be meeting the DJ at the club in a couple of weeks to discuss the evening so if you have any requests please let me know and I will pass on. We’ve listened to comments from last year’s event and will be keeping the music volume lower so members can talk and catch up. Music volume will be increased later in the evening for some dancing approximately between 10 pm and 10.30 pm. There is also a sign up sheet at the club, please add your name as soon as possible to help with planning by selecting the link above or signing up on the main foyer noticeboard. This event takes a lot of organisation so please help make it a success with your support. Thank you. John Rushmer.
Children’s Christmas Card Competition Don’t forget to ask your young family members to design a Christmas card and drop it into the box on the wet room table by the 30th November Closing date. Prize giving for winners on the 14th December at 1300 with some free pizza organised by Marcin Wojcik and his wife Magdalena. There will also be some news about future plans for Junior Social events at the club. We hope to see all those with children at the club on their memberships to discuss the plans for the future and share ideas. Please make sure you sign up though the bulletin or email email@example.com if your young artists are taking part and i will pass it on to Marcin and his wife. Enter Competition Here
New Years Eve Party with American Supper (Fancy Dress Optional 60’s, 70’s, 80’s theme) December 31st 1930 – 0100. We hope you will join us to see in the new year.
New Social Board position at the Club The Social Board for House events sign up and advertising is now to the left of the Galley door in the function room.
Lights, Doors and Heating at the club Please ensure that if you are last site that the back and front doors are closed and locked plus turn off all lights. To the right of the bar is a switch that overrides the heating timer please turn this off as well if it is on. Thank you in advance.
Dinghies on the Lawn If you have a dinghy on the lawn area please move it to your pound space and if you are a deep water mooring holder that does not come ashore please put your dinghy in the dinghy pound at the far end in the center row. Thank you in advance.
Hythe Sailing Club Shop Update. How available in the website shop are printed Burgees costing £10 each. These are great quality and cost £20 less than the cloth versions. To order please see Sue Hayward, place your order online or fill out an order sheet in the function room.
Winterising your boat Phil Pascoe has prepared a useful guide to putting your boat to bed for the winter. Please follow the link below.
Volunteers sought for AI, DI and SI In 2020 there will be an opportunity to develop your skills if you wish sponsored by the club to become an Assistant Dinghy Instructor, Dinghy Instructor or Senior Instructor. In return for the club paying for the training it would be expected that you volunteer to attend and support Open Coaching Events 6 – 8 times a year. If you would like to take up this opportunity please select the link and fill in the form. http://hythesailingclub.co.uk/?post_type=ai1ec_event&p=5078&preview=true
For Sale – Classic , Swedish built sailing cruiser with GRP hull , wooden uppers and teak deck
“Baltic Lady”, a Vindo 40, is reluctantly for sail owing to lack of time to sail her. She is a really nice looking boat with a long keel making her exceptionally stable and sea kindly. Her hull is GRP so whilst she has the appearance of a classic there aren’t the risks and maintenance associated with a wooden hull. Her decks are teak and she has wooden uppers and cockpit and has a traditional feel. Being of Swedish origins she is very well built and very sound.
She is 5 berth ( 6 if hammock berth included ) with two cabins , a galley area , chart table and separate heads with a pull out basin . She is powered by a Volvo 2030 engine and has the usual array of instrumentation including radar, and a chart plotter etc.
She is in good order and ready to sail.
I have her on the market with Network Yacht Brokers at Lymington (see link for details : https://www.networkyachtbrokers.com/boats_for_sale/Vindo_40-04441.html/ ) at £24,450 but am open to reasonable offers below this and will include a tender and trailer within the price.
She is on the left side of the club (looking out to sea) and is the last boat on the left next to the water. If you are interested give me a call and I would be delighted to show you around.
Dave Quirk Tel 01962 736965